What is Yoga Calm?
With the rise of mental health diagnoses, over-scheduling, lack of sleep, poor diet and exercise habits, both children and adults alike are stressed and less able to cope with life’s demands. To counter the impact of today’s high-stress, fast-paced world, Yoga Calm®, founded by Jim and Lynea Gillen, is an integrated approach to wellness curriculum used in schools, hospitals and community-based settings.
Offered through a series of highly interactive workshops, An Integrated Approach to Wellness training provides participants with the Tools and Principles to immediately implement practical, research-based interventions into learning and therapuetic environments. Yoga Calm is guided by Five Principles: Stillness, Listening, Strength, Grounding and Community. yogacalm.org
Benefits of Yoga Calm
- Promotes mindfulness, physical activity and social/emotional skill development
- Improves self-regulation and relaxation skills
- Improves subject retention and test scores through greater focus and concentration
- Increases self-confidence and self-esteem, enhancing communication, trust, empathy, teamwork and leadership skills
- Develops the ability to make healthy life choices to create lifelong wellness habits